Sunday, March 28, 2010

ROOM SERVICE

The people in the basement are on a diet. No bread and no sugar. It makes for boring meals and I would think, for a boring life--but, that's what they are doing to lose weight--those basement dwellers--them! Well, I got a hankering for some chocolate chip cookies tonight and I was able to twist Julie's arm into making them. (By the way, she's a basement dweller, too--but she's not on the no bread and sugar plan.)

Well, sure enough about the time the cookies were done one of those Hoosier basement people came upstairs looking for some fruit for a snack. Instead, I talked them into taking some warm cookies and milk downstairs with them. It wasn't a hard sell at all. They only wanted one each but I knew they couldn't eat just one--so I sent two each. I was right.

About twenty minutes later the phone rang. I was expecting a call from hubby who was working late. Instead, it was the man in the basement. He ordered 3 more cookies and asked for them to be delivered. I don't think the people in the basement are on a diet anymore but I understand we have really great room service!

No comments: