Tuesday, January 28, 2014

GYMNASTICS!

Carly and Jono started their gymnastics classes today. They are in separate classes for age and I think that is best. The less competition the better. They both did very well and loved being there and had a great time with their teachers. Jono has an hour class once a week and Carly has an hour and a half once a week. I think this will be so great for them and especially because it's something they really want to do and will look forward to each week.

Carly is starting piano lessons on Friday. I'm so non-musical myself that I'm determined to have her be musical like her sisters. All the older girls sing, play the piano and at least plink at the guitar or other instruments. Megan plays the drums. I think only Sara had piano lessons, but all of them picked it up to one degree or another. Julie had about a dozen voice lessons. Megan and Julie both write music. All our girls are very talented. I want both Carly and Jonathon to have some of those same talents or at least have the opportunity to have them if they want them. Five or six is the age most piano teachers here are willing to start students so it's a good time to get her started. I'm really hoping she will enjoy them. Julie has worked with her a little and one of her little neighbor friends who is a year older has also taught her a little bit. She liked learning from them. Hopefully it will continue!

Rob and I are half way through our thirty days of Paleo--Yay! We are doing really well with it but the food choices do get a bit old. I think after 30 days you can add more back in but the first 30 days are way boring. I did make Caveman Ketchup tonight! That was a new twist--so we could at least have some sauce with our beef. I'll bet you didn't know cavemen ate ketchup, did you? Me neither. I've been searching out all kinds of new recipes that have almost nothing in them. Lol. Because that's what we can eat--almost nothing. Hahaha. Actually--we just can't have the sugar (or sugar substitute--even sugar free substitute), soy, soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, or any kind of grain or vegetable oil you find in most sauces. That's why we have to come up with our own version. You'd be surprised how many sauces have one, two or all of those things in them -- even in the organic aisle! I am really getting an education!

I'm really torn between eating this way for the rest of my life because I love what it's doing to my figure and having flavor in my life. Hmmm. Actually, I think I will find a middle ground. I really haven't minded a lot of it, but I do think there's got to be a happy medium somewhere. I'm all for cleaning out the gut. I can see eating this way most of the week and taking the weekends off. That may be my flavor compromise. I sure like having a figure again. Figure/Flavor - Figure/Flavor - Figure/Flavor -- YEP! I think those two things go nicely together! Where there's a will there's a way! Oh, but wait, there's still 15 days to go . . . so back to the gruel . . . :)

No comments: