Sunday, January 19, 2014

JUST A FEW THOUGHTS

My little ones are both snugglers. Even at 4 and (almost) 6 they love to be held and snuggled. I love that. Carly is an early riser and will come and climb in bed with me and cuddle up in the morning before breakfast. When Jono wakes up early (which is more rare) he will do the same. Once in a while it turns into a problem when they both want to snuggle at the same time because they are not good about sharing Mom for snuggle time. At any rate, I love these bonding moments and treasure my sweet babies. I guess they will always be my babies no matter how old they get.

I have spent time this weekend working with Carly learning some of the sight words she's had trouble with. She has most of them down but there were a few giving her trouble. Jonathon is trying hard to keep up with his big sister so by the time he goes to school he is actually going to be way ahead of his Kindergarten class. I hope he doesn't end up being bored. We can already tell he is going to be the class clown. I'm already dreading the notes home from the teachers. Lol. I really can't complain too much since I was pretty bad in this area myself. My dad may not have been the class clown but he kept his teachers on toes and I remember him telling about his mom getting a note or two from them so I am sure I got it honest. :)

We were up and getting ready for church today when I started getting a bad migraine--the classic kind with nausea. It came on really fast. Rob already wasn't feeling very good and we'd had to give Jono a nebulizer treatment so we decided to stay home. Poor Carly, she's as healthy as a horse. She really wanted to go and so I tried calling one of my neighbors to see if they could pick her up. They didn't answer so I talked her into watching a movie. When I felt better later in the day and my neighbors called I mentioned that I had tried to call them earlier. Apparently they turn their cell phones down or off on Sundays. They said "Why didn't you try the home phone?" DUH!? I guess it was the migraine. It never even occurred to me. Silly mommy.

I made a really yummy Paleo recipe tonight. I made Paleo Enchiladas and they were quite tasty to my surprise. Actually the recipe sounded good but I wasn't quite sure how they would turnout. You use softened cabbage leaves to roll up the meat in and then you cover them with enchilada sauce and bake. No cheese but we really didn't miss it. I am finding that I don't mind eating this way much at all and I am fitting into my clothes and feeling so much better about myself than when I was constantly fighting off 10-15 lbs! We are on day 8 tomorrow and doing great on this Whole30 plan.

Grandma and Grandpa are doing well but miss all their friends in GC. Hope all of you are doing well, too. Take care!

No comments: