Monday, January 13, 2014

OUR NEW WAY OF LIFE -- AT LEAST FOR NOW

It was a very busy Monday for some reason. I watched my friend's daughter this morning while she had an appointment. Then my friend took Jono for me while I got Carly to school and got dinner started. One of our nieces came today to visit for a couple of days. She is a sweetheart and we love having her hangout. I got so busy I didn't even get make-up put on until after 5:00 pm. I mean, when it gets that late--what's the point really? Ha!

Rob and I started our Paleo diet today. It is 10:30 p.m. and I don't mind telling you I am STARVING! Is that bad? Lol. I guess the first 30 days are the worst -- as in pretty harsh. I guess it really sucks for us that we are only doing it for thirty days then, huh? Hahaha! Who knows after thirty days of starving maybe I won't be hungry anymore--or maybe I will even want to keep eating this way. Lol!

Seriously though, we are on this for our health, not to lose weight. Though that is one of the supposed benefits I am looking forward, too. Heck there better be some benefits to eating this way. If you haven't heard of Paleo eating before it is patterned (quick and dirty version) after the way cavemen supposedly would have eaten. So, we can only have grass-fed meats, wild-caught seafood, eggs, vegetables and fruits, no grains, no sugars, no dairy, no beans or legumes. It is very restrictive. After 30 days you can add back in a few things but not many. I even had to give up my diet drinks, diet gum, tic tacs, etc. Blah, blah, blah -- whine, whine, whine. Now I feel better. I always say if I can just whine about something I can get through it. Thanks for letting me whine.

The main "gift" of the Paleo diet is that it is supposed to clean out your gut--which is very popular now for making you feel better physically. It is supposed to get rid of all the nasty bacteria and crud floating around in your system. Yah--so, I'll let ya know how all that comes out, er, works out. :) Anyway, I am learning a new creative way to cook only about 5 things over and over -- Haha! That's my way of saying there's not much you can eat on this diet!

Well, I think I'm done whining for tonight! Wish us luck!

No comments: