Tuesday, December 31, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR! MAY IT BE YOUR BEST YET!

Earlier tonight Rob and I were discussing the non-alcoholic bubbly we were going to drink at midnight--that is if we made it that long. We both like the same kind--it's called Pink Sparkling Catawba. I had just come from the store and told him they didn't have any left, so he went downstairs and was able to find an unopened bottle from last year. He brought it upstairs and said something smart-alek like, "Boy, you wouldn't even know this stuff existed if I hadn't introduced you to it." I said, "That's not true, I've been drinking this since I was a little kid. My parents used to get it for us."

Never mind that we've had this conversation before and can't seem to remember it. They say memory is the first thing to go, you know. But, I digress. Rob and I are still talking about the bubbly when Jonathon stops us in our tracks. All of the sudden, we hear him pretty loudly and with an incredulous tone say "MOMMY, YOU WERE A LITTLE KID?!

Oh my goodness, this kid doesn't miss a trick! I thought I'd bust a gut. Goodnight Gracie. Lol.

No comments: