Sunday, December 29, 2013

ICKY SICKY

It's been a really busy week. As I said, our Christmas was so nice--we really did have a good time with each other. First, we had everyone up for Grandma's birthday and then, on Christmas day we celebrated with our family and Grandma and Grandpa.

Then, on the 28th our niece got married. She had a family dinner the night before and then we were involved all day and evening the day of her wedding (attending) and helping. The wedding and reception were lovely, unfortunately Rob was really sick both days with a really bad cold/virus but was a real trooper and made it through all the events.

On the morning of the second day, I started getting sick but when we got home after everything was over and were getting the kids ready for bed I found that Jonathon was really warm. When I took his temperature it was over 103. Then I took mine and it was 101.5. Rob's was about 100 degrees. Plus, we were all coughing and achy. On top of that, I had one of the worst migraines I'd had in a long, long time. The migraine lasted all night long and into the morning. No matter what I took I couldn't get rid of it. Suffice it to say it was an icky illness to have. Jono hung onto his fever most of the day today but thankfully, by this evening our fevers were gone, and our coughs are better. Luckily, Carly never had anything but a mild cough and I sure hope it stays that way.

Grandma got sick yesterday, too. She was coughing and not feeling well -- even last night she was still feeling poorly. But this morning she was doing much better. We are hoping Grandpa and Carly can avoid the whole mess!Here's to ringing in the new year in good health! Hope you are doing well!

No comments: