Friday, November 1, 2013

STAND BY!

Reason number 1,127 why we want the government running our healthcare for us. They are already doing such a bang up job with so many other things!

Went to renew my driver's license today--did not need to take the test--just a simple renew. Got there at 4:30 p.m., they close at 5:00 p.m. I filled out the paperwork and waited in line. I reached the first clerk at 4:40 p.m; she took my paperwork; looked me in the eye and said "You are on stand by." I said, "I don't know what that means." She said, "I can take your picture and process your paperwork but if they don't call you before 5:00 p.m. to finish your license we will ask you to leave and return another day to pick it up. (This office is in another city 15 minutes away.)

Luckily for me, I was called 3 minutes later, only to be asked for my passport, birth certificate or social security card which I provided four years ago (which they failed to scan in at that time.) So I now have a 6 month temporary until I return with those docs. Keep in mind they have me on file as a licensed driver and I couldn't be one had I not provided those documents. Gah!

Wonder what else we could have the government do for us?! Stand by! LOL!

No comments: