Saturday, November 16, 2013

I'M GRATEFUL FOR MY HERITAGE

I apologize for neglecting the blog for several days. I've gotten caught up in a little bit of family history, so to speak. We have a family group on Facebook for my grandparents on my mom's side and someone asked for some photos last week. It just so happened that I had a satchel full of photos of a generation or two. So, I've been busily loading those into that site.

It's so easy to catch the family history bug once you get started. I'm not very good when it comes to putting it all on a pedigree or chart but I just love hearing the stories and seeing the photos. I love knowing about the real people and their lives. It makes me wish I'd known them. I know I will know them all some day--but hearing their stories now and understanding the heartaches and joys they went through makes me feel closer to them now.

I love seeing my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles as little kids or teenagers. It really makes me realize even more that life is a never ending cycle. We are born, we live our lives out and then we are born into the eternities.

I'm so grateful for the family I was born into. On both sides of my family, I came from such wonderful heritage--from such good, down to earth and loving people. I love my family so much and am so grateful for them. I especially miss my grandparents--on both sides. I've been thinking this week more about my mom's parents because those are the pictures I've been working with--but I had wonderful grandparents on my mom's and dad's side and I miss them every day.

It's a great time to dig through your old box of photos and run your mind down memory lane. It's that time of year when we spend a lot of time counting our blessings and I know this year I am especially grateful I was able to grow up knowing and loving all of my grandparents.

Here are a few photos I've found this week:

Glenn Flint and Nellie Shields Bock
on a date 
L to R: Marcia and Nellie Flint
Kaye Flint
Carolyn Flint

John Steven Brackney with Eva Carolyn Flint

Miss Carolyn Flint (Carson)

Carolyn Flint in her wedding
dress her mother made for her.

Carolyn skating at the falls

No comments: