Monday, September 3, 2012

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

I started to post last night but my computer gave up it's ghost so I couldn't finish it. It's been giving me fits. My video card keeps crashing. I don't know if you've ever had a video card crash in a computer but it's no fun. The whole screen looks like a really bad cartoon drawing and you can barely make anything out. I have figured out that if I reboot it somewhere between 5 and 10 times my real screen will usually reappear for at least a few hours before it crashes again. Yay! Rob ordered a part for it that we both really hope works. If not, it's probably going to be curtains for this lap top very soon!

Rob got up very early this morning and went to help one of our neighbors whose home needed a new roof, and some landscaping changes to keep her basement from flooding. They asked for 10 volunteers in church on Sunday and 36 people showed up to help! Isn't that great! The kids and I wandered over to see if we could do anything to help and I helped pull a few (and I mean very few) weeds just as they were finishing. Rob spent his time on the roof. It's fun to see people pulling together like that to help someone. Hey, and what better day to do it than "Labor" day! Lol!

Rob went out to the garden tonight and sent Carly in with the pickings. She said "Mommy, Daddy found a Cuzzini in the garden for you!" Then she handed me the Zucchini. I love hearing kids try to say big words for the first time. ;)

Oh, and Grandma told me this funny line the other day. Carly said to her something like "Grandma, Girls bums are alike aren't they, but boys bummies have a string on them, don't they?" It's true, kids say the darndest things! ;)




No comments: