Monday, September 10, 2012

MY HAPPY LITTLE "PUFF" GIRL

All I can say about today is -- it was really a day! I woke up with a migraine and when I recovered from that I decided to take on a headache! Lol! I decided to do Carly hair. I had her hair braided twice in the last month (twice-because the first time it frizzed really bad so the woman re-did it for us.) Well, it turns out her hair just won't hold that kind of braid without frizzing so after only two weeks--again, they had to come out. Only this time Mom is doing the work.

Well, it only took me almost 5 hours to take them out--O.K., maybe a little longer, but you have to understand that after every braid I have to give my little miss a break. She doesn't like to sit still very long and she is a top negotiator. These aren't your normal childhood braids, either. African American hair is a whole other ballgame than anything you've ever braided before. It takes time and patience. It breaks, knots and tangles so easily.

I still have to teach myself to braid. I'm saving that for another day. Carly and I only had the patience for removing the braids today. Luckily for me, she loves puffs. She asked me for them. Her hair is a little long for them now -- and they are a little crooked, but she is happy and that is all that matters. So, I say--Yay for Mommy! Lol!


No comments: