Thursday, September 20, 2012

MY LITTLE HOUDINI

I ended up being a single mom with two kids at Carly's game tonight since Rob was on-call--and of course, got called two and half hours away from here. Jonathon wouldn't nap today so he was really on one and I knew I was in trouble before we even got to the soccer field. I tried anyway and obtained a promise from him that he would be a good boy. Well, I shouldn't have bothered. I'm guessing a three year old really doesn't understand what that means. That little guy had me chasing him all over that field. I finally resorted to his harness (which only makes him scream at the top of his lungs) which I rarely use because it usually only makes things worse. True to form . . . within about three minutes my nearly naked Houdini was running across three soccer games sans clothes, shoes and harness.

Ya know, It would have been so easy to stand up and with an innocent look--point and say "Hey, somebody's little boy is running around nearly naked! He could get himself hurt! Whose kid is that anyway?! What kind of mother let's her little boy run around like that?! Well, if no one is going to claim him--I'll see if I can get him to come to me and take him to the police station before he gets hurt. Geesh! (Why do I always think of these things too late?) Maybe next time!

No comments: