Friday, September 7, 2012

MY MITT STORY by Nancypancy

I got an email today that was written by a couple who bought Mitt Romney's home in Park City, Utah sharing the experience they had with him throughout that sale and what they learned about him. It was interesting and had some good insights--and their experience with him backed up what I already believe about him--that he is a good, decent man.

As I was thinking about what I'd read it occurred to me that I had my own Mitt Romney story and it wouldn't hurt to share it. So, here it is.

I haven't always known who Mitt Romney was. In fact, it wasn't until the night before the 2002 Olympics began that I'd ever seen him, but that was the night my impression of him was formed, and it was a good one.

I went to the dress rehearsal of the Opening Ceremonies for the SLC 2002 Winter Olympics with some of my friends who worked for the Olympics. As we got near the Opening Ceremony venue we got stuck in horrible traffic--the lines of cars were so long-and the road ahead was so backed up, we didn't think we were going to make it before the ceremonies started. We were almost at a dead halt when out of the blue traffic started moving again--smoothly. We couldn't believe it. As we got through the bottleneck, my friends (the ones who worked for the Olympics) looked and saw who had broken up the bottleneck--and it was Mitt Romney.

We found out later, he had been on his way to host state, national and world dignitaries for those ceremonies, saw the horrific traffic problem and pulled his car off to the side of the road and began directing traffic so people could get through smoothly and quickly to the venue (WHERE HE OF ALL PEOPLE NEEDED TO BE.)

That is the night I became aware of and impressed with Mitt Romney. He hadn't run for any office at that point so I don't know how well known he was, but stopping to direct traffic like he did when there was someplace else more important he should have been was something my dad would have done--and it stayed with me. Talk about a problem solver. I really like the man and I don't believe he is in this for himself. I honestly believe he wants to help turn this country's economy around and help American's succeed--and I believe he can do it if we will just give him the chance. C'mon America!





Anyway, that is my Mitt Romney story! Feel free to pass this on!

No comments: