Monday, September 24, 2012

GRANDPA'S 5K

Dad's physical therapist came over and went downstairs to work with him this afternoon and about ten minutes later I went downstairs for something and darned if everyone wasn't gone. I mean, really gone. I looked in every room and Grandma was gone, Grandpa was gone and so was the physical therapist. The weird thing was they would have had to come up the stairs and go past me to leave the house and I didn't see them leave. At least--that was the only thing that made any sense to me. I walked up stairs kind of shaking my head, trying to think logically where they could be and then it occurred to me that she must have decided to take him out back and up the stairs again. So, I looked out my back kitchen window and -- it was better than that. She had him running laps in the yard! Okay, not really, but she did have him walking laps in the yard--and he was doing really well! She has helped him so much. He is doing so much more than he had been doing before. We are so impressed with her!

Grandpa is always pretty worn out after she leaves but he is up and doing more of what he wants to every day. We think that is huge progress! ;)

No comments: