Wednesday, September 12, 2012

NO MORE STORES FOR YOU, BUSTER!

I took my kids to the grocery store with me today and boy was I ever sorry. Carly was good the whole time but Jono, even though he was excited to go and promised me he'd be good, was horrid! Oh my goodness, I can't even explain how awful he was. I'm sure the other store patrons all went home and told stories about this woman in the store who couldn't control her child. Yes, it was that bad.

You're wondering why I didn't just gather my kids up and leave, right? Well, I thought about it--several times, but he always starts when I have my cart partially loaded. And I always think, I just need a couple more things--I can do it quickly and get out of here. Only, it never ends up being quick because I have to chase a screaming mimi down several store aisles! Why, oh why don't I learn?!

He even ran far enough away once that he got lost from me and I could hear him crying that panicky "I'm lost" cry kids have--only, I couldn't find him fast enough. But, no worries--by that time, everyone in the store knew he was attached to me and they were all pointing me towards him as I looked for him. You know "He went that way." Gah! He was very glad to see me when I found him--and promised all over again to be good. It lasted two seconds when I got to the cart. Aaargh!

I never dared act this way in a store -- actually I probably did and got swatted and stopped it! But you can't swat your children anymore. I bribed, pleaded, threatened, cajoled, promised, begged, threatened some more--but nothing worked. He is still in the "TERRIBLES!" When he would run away from the cart and I would try to get him to come back he would flash me that sweet grin just before he started screaming. That little boy has my number! It is so frustrating.

I did finally give up and just pay for my stuff so I could get him out of there. Needless to say he was in quite a bit of trouble when he got home. He ate dinner in his bedroom and went to bed early. He kept telling me "I sawwy Mama" once he realized there was a price to pay, but I didn't give in. Hopefully, he will start to put two and two together soon. He is such a cute little guy but he can be such a rascal! In the meantime, don't look for him in any stores! You will have to visit him at the house! Lol! 

No comments: