Wednesday, August 29, 2012

MY NEW JOB

I got ambitious this morning and started my own little pre-school with my children. Carly's pre-school went out of business and Jono can't go anywhere he could pick up germs so I decided this might be easier to do myself. Today we worked on the letter "A" and learning what a "week" is. You know--Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday . . .

They both already know how to count to ten. Well, actually they can count higher than that. They can also sing the alphabet, though we have to work on recognizing numbers and writing them. They know colors and are pretty good at shapes.

Mostly, what they wanted to do was use scissors and glue. I found that they are actually dangerous with scissors--even when being closely monitored--especially Jonathon! I've got to find some activities/creations that don't involve scissors or really even glue if possible. They liked making something to help them remember the days of the week.

Now, if I could only figure out how to make something that would help them remember to mind their mother . . . ;)

No comments: