Saturday, August 11, 2012

HOT, HOT, HOT!

It's been a really strange week and I hate to admit that I haven't been out of the house a whole lot. I did go help a friend with some wedding flowers for her daughter's wedding on Thursday but other than that I have pretty much been home. I haven't really felt that great--not sick really but very low energy and pretty headache-y. I think it has something to do with how hot it has been. We have been in the 90's-100 degrees the last few weeks and I have never done well in heat.

Carly has been bugging, bugging, bugging me to find Gabby's (Douglas) address so she could send her a letter. Finally, today I tracked down the address where she could snail-mail her. Carly was so happy! We wrote Gabby a real letter and she can't wait to put it in the mail. Although, I'm kind of afraid of how crushed  Carly may be when Gabby doesn't actually come over to play and watch cartoons with Carly like she's been invited to do. Then again, hopefully, my four year old's attention span won't be long enough to remember she sent the letter or exactly what she said. I mean, I can always hope, right? It is rather cute--though, she doesn't understand Gabby is a bit of a celebrity and not just someone who can show up at her door and be her friend.

Grandpa has been busy with Alumni fundraising again. But then, you probably know that. He's probably talked to most of you. ;) He is doing really well getting around and he's talking a lot louder than before. Grandma is doing well also. All of us are just trying to stay cool. Not much else happening here. Hope all is well with you and yours.

No comments: