Monday, June 22, 2009

WHY DO I THINK THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING . . .

of the terrible twos? I told you before that Carly started into them early as she isn't even two yet. I was hoping since she started early she would finish early as well. I'm afraid it isn't looking good for that at the moment. We've had a surge of the TERRIBLE'S for the last week or so. Her favorite new thing is to pick up the dogs water bowl and dump it. Now it's a pretty large water bowl since we have 2 fairly large dogs. She picked it up 3 times yesterday and dumped it right on the floor. The third time she sat down in it as if it were a wading pool. It almost was.

I don't really think her intention is to dump the bowl of water. I think she may be trying to carry it somewhere else but she just can't hold onto it once she lifts it. Who knows. All I know is I'm running out of dry towels and patience.

Her next favorite thing to do is to try to drink out of the "big person" cup which is clearly too big for her to handle. Turn your back for even a second and she dumps your glass of whatever it was on the floor. Yes, I am speaking from far too much personal experience. It's a good thing I have a carpet cleaning machine. I keep it locked and loaded.

My little angel is definitely going to give me a run for my money and something tells me this is just the beginning of the terrible twos . . .

No comments: