Tuesday, June 16, 2009

THE GREAT MOSQUITO BATTLE

Oh my goodness! I opened the back door to let the dogs out before bed and got hit in the face by a wall full of mosquitos. No kidding! It was disgusting. After I shut the door I looked up and they were covering the lights and the ceiling and walls. And just a few days ago, I heard on the news that they had found mosquitos here with the West Nile Virus. So, of course, I could not let them live. I especially don't want to get bitten in my sleep!

So, Julie and I went on the warpath! We each grabbed a can of Deep Woods Off (we didn't have any bug spray and started spraying toward them until we were both choking from the fumes. Seriously. They did start dropping like mosquitos! Hee hee. But there were so many we were having a hard time getting them all. Then I saw the fly swatter and the battle was really on. It took both of us taking turns but we finally got them all. It wouldn't have taken quite so long but we had to let the dogs back in--and even though we turned all the lights off before we opened the door we still got quite a few in the door when we opened it again. Crazy! I've never had that happen before and we've lived here for several years. It's probably because it's been raining for almost two weeks straight and it's a little swampy outside.

So anyway, after the annihilation came the big cleanup! Gads. Once we got all the carcasses cleaned up we had to clean up all the deet we'd sprayed everywhere! Yuk! I keep telling myself it was worth preventing all the bites and scratching--but it sure was gross!

I HATE BUGS!

No comments: