Saturday, June 13, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, UM, EARLY . . .

Golly Gee, I feel dumb! Rob had me convinced Father's Day was tomorrow. We were making our plans last week and he mentioned Father's Day and we got to talking about what he wanted and what we were going to do for our Dad's, etc. Anyway, somewhere in that conversation he mentioned it was this Sunday. So, I hurried around and got things done, mailed my Father's day card and gift so it would arrive in time for tomorrow. Made sure Julie got her gift and a card. I was planning a special dinner for Sunday and then this afternoon Julie said, "Mom, why are we celebrating Father's Day a week early?" THUD!

NO WAY! IT CAN'T BE. IT IS! FATHER'S DAY IS NEXT SUNDAY, NOT THIS SUNDAY! I feel like a dope! But hey, then I remember, my Dad likes having his birthday the day after a holiday because he celebrates on the holiday and the day after. It gives him two days of birthday celebration. So, here's to two Father's Day celebrations this year, Dad! You're worth it! Happy Father's Day! I Love You! Catch ya here next week. Same time, same channel!

No comments: