Friday, April 18, 2008

Old Friends Are Dear Friends

I spent today with an old friend. Actually, I should probably rephrase that. I know neither of us would like to be called "old". Let me start over--I spent today with a dear friend I've had for many years. There--that's better. She brought a couple of her young daughters with her and we spent the day together with a couple of my girls. It was the first time she'd gotten to see my baby. We hung out for a while and caught up with each other's lives, went to lunch and then went shopping. It was just nice to spend time together again. Sometimes you just need to take a day and do that with friends you miss. I'm glad I did today. It was fun and even though our lives have changed a lot over the years in some ways it was just like old times. Besides family . . . friends are one of the best parts of life.

No comments: