Monday, April 7, 2008

Bargain Shopper Supreme or What

I am the Queen of Bargain Shoppers. I learned it from my mother. It really wasn't something we ever talked about. She was just good at finding good deals. I think I've taken it to a whole new level, though. I'm not the kind of person who talks people down in price at a yard sale or anything like that. It's just that I know a bargain when I see it and I also know when something isn't a bargain and I leave it on the shelf. Anyway, one of the things I love to do is to hit the local "Savers" (To those of you who don't know what that is-it's a second hand store that's a chain in the west.) and shop only their bargain tag colors. For instance, every day a different color tag is on sale. It used to be that the color tag for that day was half off. They have changed it now and let's say the color for the day is RED--well, all red tags are $.99 cents. Yep, you can by a lot of cool clothes for a buck a piece. Remember--people don't just get rid of their old tired junk. They get rid of nice things, too. I find things with new store tags still on them sometimes.

My favorite thing to shop for, though is baby clothes. I just got back from a Savers run and I got 28 things for $30. I made one exception and bought something that wasn't on a sale tag. But they all look brand new and I've got all the name brands everyone else paid tons of money for. And no one else is the wiser. Well, that is until now. Duh. (Don't tell D5. K?)

No comments: