Wednesday, May 20, 2015

TMI

So, tonight my 7 year old told me I am not allowed to come to her school with a ponytail in my hair--and I'm not sure yet but it may have hurt my feelings. Lol.

I spent most of the day making 12 dozen cupcakes for a friend's wedding and admittedly hadn't spent much time on my beauty regimen. (Alright, I don't have a beauty regimen.) Anyway, I was still in my sweats and t-shirt when I went to pick her up. I did have a little bit of make-up on but I hadn't done much with my hair. I had it up in a ponytail. But here's my saving grace!! I knew I didn't look good enough to go get her myself so I stayed in the car and sent Jonathon! I thought I behaved like a perfectly good first grader's mom and stayed in the car where I knew I wouldn't embarrass her. Obviously, it wasn't good enough because before bedtime I got the little lecture about "no ponytails" at school.

I did talk back a little though. I said, "Well, you know, Daddy actually likes my hair in a ponytail. Did you know that?" She looked at me and didn't quite know what to say or where to go with that. So she finally said. "Well, I just like your hair when it's all poofy cuz it just looks crazy and I like it crazy! So wear it poofy when you come to get me like you normally do, OK?"

At this point, I'm thinking I should have just shut up and agreed not to wear the ponytail to her school. I'm not sure I needed to learn I normally walk around with a poofy, crazy look. There is such a thing as TMI (too much information.)

The worst part is, it's usually kids under age 10 who just say it like it is, good or bad. They have no real filters so the truth just comes out of their mouth. I'm going to miss my pony tails and my poofy, crazy looks. That -- or I'm gonna need a couple of gags -- size 5.5 and 7.5 with a little room to grow. Lol!



No comments: