Sunday, February 16, 2014

A NEW ASSIGNMENT

I am now teaching the 14 year old's in Sunday School which is a relief for me. Teaching adult Sunday School was a bit stressful--not that teaching teenagers isn't. It's just that it's a bit more pressure to teach adults. So anyway, today was my first day to teach the lesson. I have a co-teacher and we take turns. I have to say I was really impressed with how good they were today. We have a whole class of boys who have been a bit rowdy at times (I have subbed in there before) and today they were very reverent. I was really grateful for that. Of course, only four out of the seven were there but still, they were good and it made it very easy to teach.

We watched a bit of the Olympics tonight and then had a family home evening lesson with the kids. After that Rob helped Carly practice her piano lesson. I am so grateful he knows enough to help her. Otherwise, I'd be up a creek without a paddle. I so want her to learn to play but I managed to learn nothing about reading or playing music in my life (unless you count the radio--which I don't!) Anyway, it was so sweet to watch him help her so I had to run and get my camera.

She reminds me so much of myself when I was growing up. When I didn't understand something or when something seemed too complicated to grasp, I would just kind of stiffen up and my lips would start to quiver and the tears would start to fall. I watched her on the piano being a bit confused about how to do what she was supposed to do. She started into that same lip quivering mode until her daddy carefully walked her through how to do it. I love my husband so much and I am so happy he is such a wonderful father.

Like this.

Like this?

How am I doing Daddy?


Perfect.

No comments: