Saturday, October 19, 2013

COUGHS, COLDS AND INFECTIONS . . . OH MY!

Sorry for my absence the past few days. The kids have been sick and I had a migraine that was off the Richter scale yesterday. Of course, last night was also when Jono decided to go down hill on us. He has had a cold and that's never a good thing when it starts to get cool outside. Sure enough he has a secondary infection and his breathing has gotten bad.

I watched him really closely all day yesterday. He and I stayed in bed while I nursed my head and made sure he got his breathing treatments and other medications. Even with all that, he got worse in the evening and we had to take him to the urgent care. Luckily, Rob and one of our neighbors gave him a blessing before we went. That calmed him (and me) down and they were able to get his breathing normalized enough to bring him home last night.

He has done okay today. It will take a few days for all the meds to really kick in and him to sound and feel better but he is doing better than he was. I am so grateful we were able to catch it before it was to the point where he needed to be hospitalized.

Carly had been sick, too but she is feeling much better now. She's hardly coughing at all and her temperature is back to normal. Yay for one success anyway! I am doing my best to keep them away from Grandma and Grandpa so they don't get them sick, too. Though, that is easier said than done.

Well, that's about all for tonight. Hope you are all well and happy!

No comments: