Tuesday, February 22, 2011

TODAY'S HORROR, ER, I MEAN, HUMOR

Today, I was hurriedly trying to get myself and the kids ready to go meet a friend of mine so we could take our kids to Chucky Cheese. Seemed like I wasn't making much progress because everytime I got one thing done one of the kids would undo something else. Pretty typical, but still frustrating!

So, I finish changing Jonathon and he runs off. Instead of chasing him,
I decide to try to dress Carly. WRONG DECISION! A minute later, Jono comes running back by me sucking on a wet wash rag. For a split second I let him pass--but only a SPLIT second because I realized he had come from my bathroom! UGH! Double UGH! I knew there weren't any wet wash rags in my bathroom. I grabbed him and ran to the bathroom. Sure enough, there was a water trail from the toilet out the door! GASP! CHOKE! GROSS! NOOOOOO!!!!

BUT WAIT! There's more! So, I'm horrified! (Don't worry--I steam cleaned him and all.) I am almost too embarrassed to tell anyone the story--ALMOST I said. I decide to tell my friend as we are sitting watching our kids play after lunch. (It's true, you are not the first.) I am waiting, watching for her look of horror--and maybe judgment too as I tell her! Nope, neither flash across her face. I barely get my story finished--I mean BARELY when she jumps in with "Oh, that's nothing. My boys left a poopy toilet and my little girl decided to take a drink of it!"

"O.K. You win," I said! LOL!

I'm so relieved to know it's not just my kids!

No comments: