Tuesday, February 15, 2011

THE PARTY'S OVER AND WE OFFICIALLY HAVE A THREE YEAR OLD!

I woke up this morning and went in to Carly's room and started singing "Happy Birthday" to her. When I finished she looked up at me quizzically from her bed and said; "It's here?" I was a little bit confused about exactly what she meant but I punted. I said; "Yes, today is your birthday! It's here!" She slowly got up out of bed and walked over to her door. This is atypical for her. Normally, she flat foots it out of her room beating me to the kitchen to get her sippy of milk. So, I wasn't sure what was coming next. She slowly peered out the door of her room and down the hallway like she didn't quite trust my words. Then she turned to me and said? "It's not here. Where is it? Didn't you buy me any presents Mama?"

Suddenly, the light bulb turned on in my brain. She had been asking me if her birthday party was here. She was looking for the balloons, the streamers, the cake, presents and people! I was supposed to have that ready when she walked out her door. Hmmmm. You know I really am raising a diva! Lol!

Actually, I think that she thought birthday parties travel around and magically appeared at people's houses on their birthdays--kind of like Santa Claus does on Christmas. It's funny what our little ones are thinking when we don't realize they are thinking anything besides what we have told them.

Happy Birthday my little cutie pie! I love you!

No comments: