Saturday, February 5, 2011

A LOVELY TIME WAS HAD BY ALL . . . SORT OF! HEHEHE

One of my closest friends invited our family and another family for dinner tonight. It was a really nice dinner and we actually got through it without the kids trashing her house! Bonus!

Anyway, during our after dinner conversation, they were going on about how well Carly speaks--how verbal she is at her age. I agree and yet shared that I feel kind of sad that she only really has one word left of her baby talk and that is "Tartoon" or "Cartoon." Before I could make my point clear my friend turned to Carly and said, "Carly, you can say "Cartoon" can't you-(with a huge emphasis on the "C" as if she is tutoring her? Carly immediately repeats "Cartoon" perfectly. My jaw dropped and I looked at my friend like she had stolen my little girl's last moments of babyhood from me--(which she had!!!) :o (Good thing we are such good friends! Lol!)

It was at that moment my friend realized what I had been saying to her! It was not that Carly can't say it right. She hasn't chosen to say it right yet--and I am not pushing her! She's already growing up way too fast!! Babies are only babies for such a little while!

Really though, we had a truly lovely time at dinner! The company and conversation were wonderful and the menu was Mah-vuh-las! Thank you! We love you!

No comments: