Sunday, February 27, 2011

BROCCOLI? REALLY?

Tonight Carly wanted a cheese sandwich for dinner so I made her and Jon both one. She was just picking at it when Megan came over and brought her some candy for a snack. We told her she had to finish it before she could have the candy. She did so but grudgingly. Jono, didn't do quite as well but his tumbly is smaller and he never eats as much so I let him get down and have candy, too.

It was one of those fend for your Sunday nights as far as dinner went. Grandma and Grandpa were at Susan's for oldest daughter's 18th birthday party. As the kids were eating their candy I went over and heated up a bowl of steamed broccoli to eat. Would you believe my little ones dropped their candy and came over and made me feed them broccoli? Seriously, a bite for me, a bit for Carly, a bite for Jonathon, a bite for me . . . And I'd better not get out of order! Lol!

I'm not even sure Jonathon had ever eaten broccoli but I think it's a funny vegetable for them both to love! I think it's one that had to grow on me. If you think about it, it is kind of an acquired taste. At least for most people I know. Oh well, it just seemed odd. Guess I will just be grateful my kids are eating veggies that I don't have to hide in their cookies! Lol!

No comments: