Thursday, February 10, 2011

NO MO' 'FRO--OH NO!

I gave Jonathon his first haircut today. It's not the first haircut I've given but it is the first haircut I've given with electric clippers. I usually use scissors. One of my friends told me it was easier to give an even haircut with clippers so I decided to try them. I went and bought a set and Jonathon was my first victim--(literally.) Uh Oh!

So, I read the directions but they leave a lot to your imagination. Seriously. In my defense, I've never been good with numbers. I wanted to trim Jon's hair but only about a half inch. So, I got Jon all ready, turned on the clippers and put on the half inch attachment. (Yes, you read that right.)

I started clipping Jonathon's hair only to have huge, long chunks of it coming off. What the heck?! Oh my gosh! I was doing something wrong but I wasn't sure what. So, quickly, I grabbed the 1/4 inch attachment and exchanged it with the 1/2 inch one! (OH YES, I DID!) I started clipping again, trying to fix what I'd done! But OH NO! HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!! WHAT GIVES?! I AM PRACTICALLY BUZZING ALL MY BOY'S HAIR OFF!!!

Finally, I figured it out! Oh, DUH! I put the clippers down, thought for a moment what I could do and then replaced the 1/4 inch attachment with the 1/2 inch one since that was the longest one I had. I finish clipping his hair and straightened it up with scissors afterward and my boy now has his first buzz. He certainly has no mo' 'fro. :)

No comments: