Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A THIRTY POUND CHICKEN!

Grandma baked a thirty pound chicken today! Yep, she did. Or maybe I should restate that. Grandma baked thirty pounds of chicken today. Lol. I guess it makes a difference. That would be one big, fat bird, wouldn't it?

We found a good sale on chicken and decided to buy a bunch. We have this genious idea that we can make up freezer meals for a month. I thought we would boil it but Grandma had a better idea, so we baked it. The house sure smelled good while it was baking, too. It was moist and tender when it was done and tasted so yummy. I made some chicken noodle soup with some of it for dinner.

Grandma spent hours dicing chicken today. I managed to help for the last hour or so. I can't imagine Grandma is going to want to have anything to do with chicken anytime soon. Lol!

No comments: