Wednesday, February 23, 2011

GO GO GIRL

I watched my friend Robin's little girl Ellie this morning while she went to a doctor appointment. She was only gone for a couple of hours. Our kids play together really well. While Ellie was here she watched kid's shows with Carly and Jonathon, ate snacks and played with toys. They all got along great--no problems. In fact when Robin came back Ellie did not want to leave and Carly did not want her too. I ended up letting Carly go over to Robin's house to play for a few hours so no one would be unhappy!

It surprised me when I got a call from Robin around 5:30 and she asked if I'd spent some time teaching the kids to dance or anything like that today. I told her I hadn't--but my kids are ALWAYS DANCING! It can be music behind a commercial or a cartoon with music and THEY WILL DANCE! I remembered they had watched "The Fresh Beat Band which is a kids dance and music show my kids love to dance and sing to and I was pretty sure they were all dancing to that.

Then she explained to me why she was asking. Robin was in the kitchen making dinner and had some music on. She turned around to find that nineteen month old Ellie had put her little tutu on and climbed up on the kitchen table and was dancing to the music. She had NEVER done that before!

Robin said, "I probably shouldn't admit this but it was so cute, I let her do it! She acted like the table was her stage. I just got my camera out and taped the whole thing!" Ha! Now that's a Mommy after my own heart! I got to see the video of it and she is an adorable little table dancer! Lol!

No comments: