Saturday, May 1, 2010

WILL COLOR FOR GUMMIES!

Went to visit my mother-in-law today who had her knee replaced. She is doing really well. When we got home Julie was quite exacerbated, Carly was in a time out and Jonathon was just crawling around not quite knowing what to think. Turns out Carly had decided to use the hallway wall as her canvas. You know, have crayons--will color! Julie had been working feverishly to remove the Crayon from the wall. Carly was crying hysterically in her room (Not because she was sorry because she wanted to come out and color some more.) Poor Jonathon just looked terribly confused when we walked in. I think Julie might have thought she would get in trouble for the wall but I just looked at her and said "Julie, she's two. She's going to color on walls. Don't let it get you so upset. It comes off." She looked a little bit relieved at that point--though I think if I'd taken her pulse or blood pressure they would have both been high. Carly's too. I'm not sure you should leave a 16 year old sibling with a two year old sibling for longer than two hours and expect them both to be thriving when you come home. I think it was a darn good thing Grandma was in the basement or we might have come home to some serious carnage.

1 comment:

Shelli Sivert said...

Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser has been used more than once at our house. Works wonders!