Tuesday, May 25, 2010

KISS MY BOO BOO MOM -- NO MATTER WHERE IT IS

It's a Mom's job to kiss boo-boos and make them feel better. And frankly, I don't know of any medicine or surgery that works better on a wound than a mother's kiss. It heals them instantly--even the perceived ones. Carly has definitely bought in to the whole "kiss a boo-boo" miracle medicine only Mommy can give. She comes to get that kiss for every injury. Although, I must say she did stump me a couple of days ago when she came running with tears in need of a boo-boo healing kiss. Yep, turns out the boo-boo was on her tongue and she wanted Mommy to kiss it. I tried to explain to her that it wasn't a really good idea but that only made her cry harder. I told her I would kiss her face and that would make her tongue feel better. That wasn't good enough either. "No, Mommy kiss tongue! Make better."  Hmmmm. Dilemma. Yuck! Darn. I tried again. I suggested that maybe Mommy could kiss lips and that would make tongue better. "No. Kiss tongue. It hurt."  I grabbed her by the face and smooched up her lips and gave her a kiss and just as I thought I was about to conquer the situation and say "There, all better" out came that little tongue and sure enough, I kissed it! Yuck! Darn! EW! GROSS! THERE, ALL BETTER! (And it was.)

I have a crazy two year old--or haven't you noticed?! But then, she has a crazy mother, too! Lol!

No comments: