Monday, May 24, 2010

BUCK NAKED SADIE


I love dogs but I hate the dog hair! Once a year or so we treat ourselves to Sadie's haircut. It's a beautiful thing. We have her shaved buck naked bald! She loves it because she doesn't have to pant so hard to cool herself off and we love it because we don't have to follow her around with the vacuum cleaner. It's the darndest thing with her, though. When the groomer shaves her fur off all her color comes off, too. Now she still has a layer of fur on her. That is to say, that's not her skin you are looking at. But, all the color you see in the "before" is in the grown out length of her hair. The shorter her hair gets, the less color there is in it. I've never seen anything like it before--and I've had other dogs shaved. It's just kind of unique.

Without further ado, here's Sadie before her shave:




and Sadie after her shave:




and yes, those are little pink bows on her ears. I didn't do it, the groomer did. Lol! I do think it's kind of cute, though. Don't you?
She doesn't even look like the same dog, does she? Mom and I didn't recognize her when we walked in to get her. I never do when she gets shaved. It's just such a different look for her. But she's so much cooler for summer this way. It's a good thing for all of us.


No comments: