Monday, May 17, 2010

OH-DO-DOKEY!

That's how Carly says her latest word Okey-dokey! I don't even know who she heard say okey-dokey but that's how she says it. Kids really are the darndest thing!

I just had my second ten minute conversation with her trying to convince her that the doors on matchbox cars do not open. (At least the ones she has don't.) She keeps bringing them to me and asking me to open the doors and then getting mad at me when I won't open them.) I explain it's "can't" not "won't" but she doesn't believe me. Silly mommy! Of course car doors open! I mean, how dumb are you? Seriously, Mommy?

I am amazed at how quickly Jonathon is picking things up from her. He is doing his level best to stay one step behind her, or is that one step ahead. She colors--so he loves anything to do with coloring. The paper tastes good. The crayons taste good. The coloring books rip apart really nicely! You get the drift. It annoys Carly and keeps Mommy on her toes!

Tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa both have appointments with the shoulder surgeon. They see him just a few minutes apart. I'm pretty sure that means they see him at the same time. I am going with them to make sure I get all the scoop and all the questions asked. I will be sure to report back here tomorrow what we learn. OH-DO-DOKEY?!

No comments: