Saturday, May 1, 2010

STOP COLORING MY WORLD, I MEAN WALL!

I ran errands again today and left Julie to watch the babies. (Note to self--stop doing that! lol!) When I got home AGAIN baby girl had made Crayola her God and the wall her Canvas. Same exact spot; same exasperated sister. Only this time baby girl had been grounded--that's right grounded from coloring for the rest of the day. Good job big sister! Carly still doesn't understand what she did wrong. That is, she asked to color for the rest of the day and we would remind her that she colored on the wall and so she was not allowed to. She just looked at us confused. I imagine to a 2 year old those big white walls do look just like a huge canvas that need a splash of color. She probably thinks she is creating a mural for us and that we will be so thrilled when we see her artwork. Imagine her disappointment when we don't react the way she expects. :(

Oh, to be a two year old and to have such innocence again. It's so easy to get frustrated with her when she acts out but there are lots of moments when it is equally easy to stand back and look at big walls and see them as canvasses in a two year old mind. I love being a Mommy! I love trying to imagine what is going through her little mind. I love seeing her see something for the first time, hearing her say a new word, watching absolute glee come across her face because her little brother crawled over and kissed her forehead. I love the excitement on her face when she sees me for the first time each morning. I love the way she says M-O-M-M-Y! I love everything about this little girl--and I love Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power! Don't ever stop coloring my world sweet Carly--but please, stop coloring the wall before you give Julie a nervous breakdown! :}

No comments: