Friday, June 6, 2008

This is Craziness!

I spent almost an hour yesterday ironing. I haven't done that since . . . well, I can't remember the last time I spent an hour ironing. I was probably a teenager. I mean, I throw my things in the iron (that would be the clothes dryer for those of you who don't get it.) Someone invented permapress for a reason. Even when I got married I didn't do much ironing. Every once in a great while I will do a little, like for Megan's wedding I ironed Rob's tux shirt and Julie's skirt.

The craziness is that I have all these adorable baby clothes that look like thay are wash and wear . . . only when you wash and dry them they come out all wrinkled. I can't put my adorable baby in completely wrinkled cute clothes! I tried steaming them to no avail--the only thing that works is the iron. Someone tell me why a clothes designer would choose to make baby clothes out of material that has to be ironed? I'll tell you why. They don't have babies. They don't even own irons or ironing boards. They take all their laundry to dry cleaners and have them press them! That's why they don't worry about what things are made of!

Four months ago I would have told you I'd never in a million years spend time ironing baby clothes--especially since I don't even iron my own clothes--but now I have the cutest baby on earth and she has these clothes she looks so adorable in that have to be ironed once they are washed. It's like being lured and tricked into ironing! Arrrggghhh!! I'm trapped. Oh, but she's worth it. Guess I'm head over heals in love with that little girl! I don't iron for just anyone you know!

No comments: