Friday, June 20, 2008

FITNESS FRIDAY TIPS TO MAKE YOU THIN

I found some really helpful fitness hints this last week. Some of them are ones I've used in the past and others are new to me. It's easy to forget them and get sloppy over time and I guess that is what I've done. I'm going to commit these to memory and really try hard to live this way and just make these every day habits. I know reading them again was helpful for me. I hope they will be helpful for you, too.

Countering the Snack Attack
Chew sugar free gum.
People who chew either sweetened or sugar-free gum after lunch feel full longer, have fewer hunger pangs, have fewer cravings for sweets, and eat fewer afternoon snacks -- compared with people who don't chew gum. How does chomping gum suppress hunger? It's simple. When you eat, your taste buds are stimulated by the food. But the cool thing is that exposure to the tastes and smells of food also lessens how good it tastes. That, in turn, is one of the cues that signal your brain that you're full, so cravings go away. Chewing gum may have this same effect -- but without all the calories! You can make the gum trick work even better by thinking about how many snacks you've eaten.

Here are some other ideas:
Don't snack in front of the computer or television.

Discover your emotional snacking triggers.

Grab a tall drink of water before every snack.

Don't eat after a certain time at night, say 7:00p.m. or 8:00 p.m.

Never ever eat in bed.

Think like a thin person.
(What you say? Yep, it's true. Thin people think differently than people who are heavy. I know because one of my thin friends who had put on a little weight said that one day. "I just need to start thinking like a thin person again. I looked at her like she given the address to the fountain of youth and said, "Can you say that again?" Then I had her explain what she meant to me and she told me she almost never thought about food when she was thinner. There were times when it didn't even occur to her to eat. She used food like fuel and filled up when she was empty. She put on a few pounds when she stared focusing on food. This was the moment I stopped dieting and tried to just start eating better. Diets focus you on what you are eating which is exactly what you don't want to have happen.)

Well, that's enough tips for today. Most of these came from an article in RealAge. The rest just came from my brain. Good luck this week everyone.

2 comments:

Jen said...

These are all great tips! I've heard some of them before, but a few are new to me. Either way, it's great to read them again and again and commit them to memory! Thanks so much for stopping by my weight loss blog! Your little baby girl is absolutely gorgeous!!

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

What a great group of tips!
Thanks a ton for sharing.

I love the "thinking thin" tip, I'm going to have to go over it in my mind!!