Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Little Cherub in Her Blanket of Love



I have to tell you about this blanket which truly is a blanket of love. One of my dearest friends in the whole world made it for me several years ago before I met my husband or had children--during those years when I was beginning to worry it would never happen. Her name is Venice and she has been like a sister, a mother and the best kind of friend.

Anyway, she was making blankets for each of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and she made one for me. She knew how much I wanted a little one and she always told me she knew someday it would happen for me someday. She even had a dream that I got married and had a family which I remember being very happy about at the time because her dreams often came true! Well, indeed they did--and I am now the very happy, proud momma of this beautiful, little cherub--and some other taller, more grown up cherubs, too. I don't want to forget them. I love them all.

Thank you Venice--not only for this beautiful blanket of love but for all the years of love, friendship and faith . . . YOU are the best!

No comments: