Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Real Pain

Another thing I learned from my doctor visit yesterday is that the pain I've been having in my wrist and thumb is a very difficult to deal with tendonitis because of where it's located. So I left the office with a brace that immobilizes my thumb and wrist that I am supposed to wear 24 hours a day for the next four to six weeks. I am allowed to take it off briefly to wash and luckily it is my left hand since I am right handed. As much as it hurt before it just aches being immobilized. The pain woke me up several times in the night. I am really trying to follow the doctor's orders so my wrist and thumb can heal quickly.

Interestingly enough, the first thing my doctor asked me once he diagnosed the problem was if I'd been multi-tasking? "Yep", I said, "That's exactly how it happened. They call it Motherhood."

1 comment:

Cheraee said...

I'm so sorry you are in pain. I hope Rob gives you lots of sympathy and that everyone else does the dishes. Char