Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mommy Goals

You know that poem that talks about leaving the dust and the chores for later and spending the time with your kids now--because kids grow up and the dust and chores will always be there? I always liked that poem. It's a good thing too--because I resemble it. I've had some simple goals for over a week now to do 2 or 3 things around the house and do you think I've gotten even one of them done? Nope. Holy Cow! This mommy business is serious stuff! Okay, I knew that before I had this little one. It was the routine I didn't quite understand--and the fatigue. I already had my own fatigue and now I have Mommy fatigue on top. I know--Waaah!!!

Anyway, by the time we get through all that needs to happen for baby and the rest of the family it seems like it's time to go to bed again. How does that happen? Someone is stealing hours from my day. I'm giving up on goals for awhile--except for just taking care of my baby and my family. Hubby promises me this will get better in a few more weeks when D5 starts sleeping through the night. I think she's really close. The last few nights she's only gotten me up once a night. It's just that she's combined her twice nightly wake-up into one and we are getting up for a couple of hours at once. She's just wide awake when she gets up and wants to stay up. I've got to find a way to keep her awake during the day. Maybe I'll take up the drums . . .

No comments: