Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Miles and Miles of Piles

I'm convinced that paper reproduces. I've got piles of paper-more piles than I created. Paper is the bain of my existence. I honestly don't know what to do with it. Have you ever noticed how a pile of mail grows? You bring it in one day and if you don't happen to get to it that day by the time you do it's grown three times it original size? See what I'm talking about - that's reproduction? I'm telling you. There something funny going on in those piles!

I have stacks and stacks of things to file and I always promise myself I'm going to get to them but by the time I do there are ten times the number of piles. It just discourages me and I give up. Although, I watched Oprah today and it was the second part of a two-day special on a really bad hoarder. I need to get organized but I'm definitely not that bad. This poor woman had been hoarding for 35 years and hadn't had anyone but her husband in her house for the last 12 years. It was awful. I just need a secretary or an assistant.

This is my rule and I think it's a pretty good one. When you buy something new and bring it home--something of equal size and value has to leave the home. Now ask me if I stick to that. No don't. It's a good rule though. It would definitely keep your home from being too cluttered. That is if the paper wasn't busy reproducing . . .

No comments: