Wednesday, March 5, 2008

INFANT K.O.'s PARENTS

You should have seen hubby and me this morning. It was pathetic! We were so tired we couldn't move. Actually--you should have seen us after noon today--we hadn't moved much since early morning. We were K.O.'d big time. We haven't quite gotten the rhythm of the "not-sleeping-through-the-night" thing figured out yet. Hubby took the first shift last night and I took the next one--but neither of us got much sleep. Well, actually D5 got plenty of sleep. She slept through everything but the beginning of her feedings. She only wakes up long enough to cry out and let you know she's hungry and then she goes back to sleep. She's a great baby--and so, so sweet. We just haven't gotten the timing down yet--so we are wiped out. About noon hubby crawled out of bed and found me on the living room couch half asleep feeding D5 who had gone back to sleep herself.

It's no wonder since I've been burning the candle at both ends trying to get things pulled together for D2's wedding. Brownies last night--6 pans. Chocolate Chips tonight--4 batches. Snickerdoodles two nights ago and I'm only up to 350 cookies. 650 to go. Wow, I had no idea it would take this long to bake 1,000 cookies. Of course, it would probably go faster if I didn't have a baby in one arm. But, you'd have to wrestle her away from me--I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. So, I guess I'll just take my time--and get sleep when I can. Time to get some sleep so I can take my shift later.

No comments: