Monday, March 3, 2008

1,000 COOKIES

I'm a cookie baker from way back. It's actually a passion for me--and something I like to think I've gotten pretty good at. My favorite and best recipe is for chocolate chip cookies. I've been making them since 4-H when I was a kid. I enjoy baking and have fun with it. I've made thousands of cookies in my day. However, I've never made a thousand cookies in a few days. But that is what I'm about to do. Yep, I'm on a mission to bake 1,000 cookies by the 10th of March.

Sound crazy? It probably is--but I'm gonna do it. D2 has finally decided what to serve at her wedding reception--we are having a cookie buffet. Don't worry, we'll cut the cake and serve it for those who want cake--and there will be some veggies on the buffet for the diabetics and the vegans, and I'm going to make 1,000 or more cookies of all different kinds so guests can have a little variety.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with just serving cake, punch, nuts and a mint--but apparently it's just WRONG. I don't care and I would do it anyway because I'm not keeping up with the Jones or anyone else--but D2 won't let me. Arrgghh. So, I'm going to bake. I made over 100 Snickerdoodles tonight and they are already frozen. 100 down, 900 to go. New baby, New Mom, No sleep, No sweat . . .

No comments: