Monday, September 30, 2013

THE GRANDPA UPDATE

Well, we were hoping Grandpa would come home today but they took a look at his cultures and said ----- wait for it . . . "He doesn't have any!" O.K. Just kidding. That's not what they said at all! But it's the best I could come up with after midnight. And you know, he earned that one--I can't tell you how many times my father has asked me if I was born in a barn. And I'm pretty sure if I'd been born in a barn he wouldn't have been very far away -- are you following me? Just teasing Dad! But I digress.

Back to my point, and I do have one. Dad's cultures weren't exactly where they wanted them so they decided to keep him another day. They had also been checking the areas where he had Cellulitis and it looked like it was clearing up really well. He has it on his back and hip area, I believe. Anyway, they turned him over and got a look at the other side and it hadn't gotten much better at all. It was still pretty angry looking, so I'm not sure exactly what that means. That might be why the cultures weren't where they wanted them to be or it might mean they need to keep him a few more days. I guess we will know more tomorrow when the Doc or PA show up and let us know.

Mom has been staying at the hospital with him since Sarah left. She is tired but seems to want to be with him. I didn't make it out there today as I've got a Kindergartner and pre-schooler to get off to school now. Hopefully, he will come home tomorrow and I can be more help.

I will keep you all posted. Thanks again for all your prayers. I know he is being blessed by them. Much love. N.

No comments: