Monday, August 19, 2013

MILESTONE - MILEMARKER 5

I registered my youngest daughter for Kindergarten today. Wow. Milestone. My baby girl is really no baby anymore. She is so excited to go to school. I'm excited for her and yet wish I could keep her young all at the same moment.

I have so many hopes for her and a few fears, but she is a strong, happy and resilient little woman. No one is likely to hold her back for long. I love my precious Carly so much and I can't believe the day is almost here when I will walk her to the door of her kindergarten room. I can already imagine it in my mind. We will walk there hand in hand both of us a little nervous. As we arrive at the door, I lean down to give her a hug and a kiss and with tears in my eyes I tell her to have a good day and she lovingly says "Mom--it's time for you to go! You don't have to hang around and watch me. None of the other kids mom's are still here. From now on, can you hug me before we leave the house? K? 

OK, so that hasn't happened yet--but it could! Good golly--I gotta get a life. Jono is not far behind her and I think his spirit may be even more independent than hers! Talk about getting empty nested early! Lol! Okay--so I'm a drama queen. I guess my girl's get it honest! Hahaha!


No comments: