Sunday, November 18, 2012

KID'S STUFF

Sorry, I haven't posted since Thursday (I think). It's been a busy weekend. Time just seems to get away from me. Friday I took the munchkins down to the university to model for a good friend of mine. They were doing an email/web Christmas card for their Alumni and needed some children to pose in front of the Christmas tree and stockings and so she asked if mine could participate. They were happy to oblige and even got a t-shirt and a surprise for doing it.

Before we left, Jonathon got a lecture from Daddy and Mommy on being good because he tends not to mind Mommy very well when we are out in public, especially when Daddy is not around. I was amazed at how perfect he was for the entire shoot. I kept thinking--is that really my little boy? He was so quiet and did everything he was asked to do when he was asked to do it. He didn't run around and scream or throw any tantrums. I couldn't believe it.

When we were done, my friend, the kids and I went to lunch--and found that Jono had been perfect for as long as he could muster. I had to give him credit for that, too. But, my little wild one returned at lunch time with a vengeance! He was climbing all over (and under) the table and chairs. He kept calling the waitress (Hey You!) and trying to give her orders. The first thing he told her after getting her attention was "I don't like your salsa!" Never mind that he continued to eat it. Next, when she brought his and Carly's drinks, he didn't like that Mommy had ordered them ice water. So, he took matters into his own hands. "Hey, hey you! Can you give me some Sprite?!" "NO." Said, Mommy. That didn't stop him from trying a couple more times.

Finally, when we were finished and ready to leave, he hopped in my friend's back seat. Carly had gotten to ride to the restaurant with her so he figured it was his turn to ride with her--only this time we weren't going to the same place. We all tried to coax him out but he wasn't having any of it. I threatened to leave him but he thought it would be an adventure to stay with my friend so that didn't work. I finally had to just grab him and pull him out of her car. He didn't like that much. For the next fifteen minutes of the drive all he could do was whine and say out loud how much he missed my friend. He is such a ham.

It had been a long day at this point but we were headed home; little did I know it was about to get longer. I stopped in a neighboring city to catch an open post office and when I got out of the van I noticed I had a completely flat tire. Instead of being upset, I counted my blessings, realizing it could have blown out on the freeway and caused an accident. Luckily, I had my cell phone and was able to call Rob. He called and arranged to get us help and within a couple of hours we had a new tire and were on our way again.

By the time I got home with the kids it was past their bedtime and it had been a very long day. All in all though, the kids had a good time and Jono was unbelievably good at the right moments--and everything else was pretty much just kid's stuff!

No comments: