Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I HAVE NO WORDS

for the kind of sadness and fear that's in my heart for what is about to happen to the country I love. I am afraid that it will be unrecognizable in four years as the land of the free and the home of the brave. I don't understand how this happened . . . how this many people voted to reinstate a president with this kind of a record. I fear my children will never know the America . . . the American Dream we have all had the chance to know and love so much. I am beyond sad. I am devastated.

2 comments:

Shelli Sivert said...

I cannot believe it either Nancy. I have been in mourning ever since.

Nancy said...

Shelli, I keep hoping it is a bad dream. I honestly can't imagine our country surviving another four years of this--economically, morally or sanity-wise.

I think once again Ronald Reagan's campaign slogan sums it up nicely: "It's Mourning In America."
How sad for all of us. I don't think we've even begun to realize the damage and anguish this administration will cause. :(