Thursday, May 5, 2011

AND WE'RE BACK!

I'm so, so sorry to have taken such a long break. The last month was kind of a nightmare a bit challenging. Let's see, what is that saying . . . oh yes, "That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger." Lol! Well, I guess it hasn't been that bad but I'm sure glad the last few weeks are over!

I am also happy to report that Jonathon is breathing normally again. He still has to have additional medicine and breathing treatments for the next few weeks but at least we are back to level ground. The doctor gave me orders that he cannot go to nursery on Sundays with the other kids or to any playlands at restaurants. He just doesn't have a strong enough immune system to fight off the germs. (Which I have to say is confusing because he seems to be able to drink out of the dogs bowl and stay healthy without any problem at all! ICK!! GROSS! DOUBLE ICK!!) I know, you're retching now, aren't you?! Me too! Can't tell you how many times I've wrestled the dog bowl away from him. (He likes the dry food the best.) Boys! What are you gonna do?!

Grandma and Grandpa could be found outside the last couple of days in the sunshine working on the flower garden! Yay for the sunshine! It's so nice to have some warmth and light back. Seems like it only shows up for a few days at a time but this time it's actually been warm enough to go outside and stay out in it for a bit. I even let my little ones go outside and blow bubbles. They were in Heaven!

Grandpa has started to mention that he might have his other shoulder done in September. We hope he will because it is causing him a lot of pain. His knee and the shoulder he already had done have sure done well. They are stiffer than he would like but some of that is the Parkinsons. The surgeries did a lot to relieve pain, though.

Well, guess I had better get myself in bed. Lots to do tomorrow. Be sure to remember your Mom this weekend. More later.

No comments: