Friday, May 13, 2011

THE FLUFFY BUNNY DID IT!

Every night on my way to bed, I stop in to check my little ones. I usually turn the hallway light on and leave their room light off as I check so I don’t wake them. Last night when I checked Carly her room was dark as usual and I thought something looked different about her bed. The closer I got the more nervous I got because I realized I wasn’t seeing my little princess in her bed. In fact, all I could see was something pink and fluffy. When I reached her bed I realized it was a large stuffed bunny rabbit left over from Easter. No problem, I’m sure Carly went to sleep holding onto it and she is just laying beneath it somewhere. So, I reach for the bunny that turns out has been nicely tucked under the covers, head on the pillow pet. (Think that one through. LOL!)

As I pull fluffy bunny out of bed, I begin to panic as I realize Carly really isn’t in her bed. My brain is doing cartwheels and I’m starting to think shades of “Elizabeth Smart.” Could someone honestly have stolen my little girl? Seriously? I can’t think where else she could be since I’ve been out in the living room just outside her door and know she hasn’t slipped out of her room--at least by her normal door. My panic is beginning to rise when I look down on the other side of her bed along the window sill, just hidden from view and see my beautiful baby girl--out cold, no covers, no pillow and no concern at all for the near terror she just put her Mama through.

I picked the bunny up and hucked him across the room. Then picked up my baby girl (not quite as gently as normal) and put her back in bed. I covered her up, kissed her goodnight and breathed a huge sigh of relief—O.K., maybe two. Alright, probably three, but that’s it!

In the morning when I asked her about the bunny incident, she looked at me non-chalantly and said: “Huh? What bunny Mama?” I tried a few more times but she feigned memory loss or complete non interest in my questions. Geez, three year olds! Whatcha gonna do?!

No comments: